Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2nd leg Champions League Chelsea vs Liverpool Quarter final

Champions League 2nd Leg Quarter final at Stamford Bridge 14th April Chelsea vs Liverpool

( first leg score: Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea)

I thought the first leg of Liverpool v Chelsea at Anfield thoroughly lived up to my expectations of top quality Champions League football. I thought that FC Porto are the team of the round so far last week but Chelsea in the second half against Liverpool were back to their best.

John Terry's out because of yellow card offences but with Carvalho joining Alex in the centre of defence I think that Chelsea will hold the Reds to a draw.
Steven Gerrard is still out with a groin strain and I think this will allow Chelsea to control the possession enough to slow things up enough from the home team's perspective. Should be a great tie, but I think Chelsea would be happy with it being a relatively dull affair. Liverpool have the best striker in the league for it...Chelsea will need to keep Torres tightly marked and physically challenged as often as possible without picking up yellow cards.

My prediction would be either 0-0 or 1-1.

No comments: