Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

FA Cup semi final betting odds

FA Cup Semi-Final Draw 2009 18th April

In terms of FA Cup winner odds, its no surprise that Manchester United are the favourites. Currently I think Arsenal are the best bet in terms of value. Assuming that the Tigers will be beaten by Arsenal at the Emirates, Arsenal vs Chelsea would be a fantastic footballing spectacle in this year's FA Cup. Manchester United versus Everton will be a great semi final match, it will be a tight one. Tricky one to call, I've just listened to a talksport phone in with many people tipping Everton for the FA Cup but betting against Manchester United is obviously a high risk strategy!

Arsenal/Hull vs Chelsea
Manchester United vs Everton

I think that at 4/1 Arsenal are worth a punt. Eduardo is showing good form after his lay-off and I believe that they are one of the few sides that can on their day beat an in-form Man Utd side. You can get this 4/1 price at Sky Bet -
click here for your £10 bet.

The FA Cup is fantastic, may be not the competition it used to be pre-Champions League but it is something that the English game should be proud of in my opinion. This year it could really climax into a dog fight as Chelsea and Arsenal seek to console themselves with their dissapointing League campaigns. Chelsea and Man U double perhaps.

Anyway, enough gambling chat, this was my favourite FA Cup moment, even as a Spurs fan I had to marvel at the technique of Eduardo as he volleyed the ball almost with the outside of his heel to send it crashing into the Burnley net.





PREVIOUS FA CUP BLOG ...

In the Premier League there is only one game - the might Spurs are away at Sunderland. A draw is my prediction.

Premier League
Sunderland v Tottenham 15:00

FA Cup
Coventry v Chelsea 12:30
Fulham v Man Utd 17:15




Latest FA Cup 2009 Winner odds - click here!

Latest Champions League 2009 Winner odds - click here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The FA cup is a strange competition in that all the romance and excitement usually occurs in the early rounds. Then you have upsets, unlikley heroes and some interesting sporting stories.

Then you get to the quarters and it's the usual suspects again. I think Arsenal,Chelsea and United will all go through and we'll be left with the usual snorefest of a final.

Ok last season was an exception in terms of the participants but the final was still awful.

Anonymous said...

"Tempted to bet the bookie?"
I would be if you gave me a reason to do so!
You can't just pluck a bet out of thin air with no reasoning or explanation behind it and advise people to put their hard earned down.
How am I supposed to gauge the strength of opinon that warrants me striking a bet on anything you say?

Anonymous said...

You do realise that when you strike a bet its not the bookies you're betting against,they are just the conduit.
They make the book (with a built in percentage),advertise the prices and after the result they distribute the losing punters money to the winning punters.Hence their orignial title of Turf Accountants is still pertinent today

Anonymous said...

Everytime you strike a bet it's not Bookie v Punter,it'sPunter v Punter.
If you are encouraging people to bet on your opinion, at least give them some idea of WHY you think your selections are going to be successful.I'd expect a sound reason along with how you constructed your bet backed up with a few stats.With a link to a bookmakers directly after your advice, it's the least other readers should expect as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sartori...did you take my football betting tips? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I refer you to the comments I made above and would be interested to see you publish your,
Winning bets,
Total Staked,
Strike rate,
Gross Profit,
R.O.I.
Somehow I got the feeling I'm going to be disapointed.